In view of the coronavirus pandemic, the event has been moved online this year and is themed “Let’s Play Unsafe”.
The line-up of world-class speakers from a variety of fields are geared to share their insightful ideas on this year’s theme of Let’s Play Unsafe (Image: TEDxIITHyderabad)
The annual TEDxIITHyderabad, a collaboration between TEDx and the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)-Hyderabad, will be held on March 21 from 10 am to 4.30 pm. This year, keeping in mind the COVID-19 pandemic, the event has been moved online and theme is “Let’s Play Unsafe.”
The event will focus on risk-taking in the present world context, “breathing life through the pandemic era, which is like facing a war-like situation from all fronts, pushing people to their extremes and rethinking comfort positions”, a statement from TEDxIITHyderabad said.
Here is all you need to know:
>> The theme this year is Let’s Play Unsafe and will focus on risk-taking being redefined in the present world context.
>> The TEDxIITHyderabad community consists of students from a variety of disciplines who “pledge to provide a memorable experience” and world-class speakers from a variety of fields.
>> List of speakers:
- Vimal Chandran – Visual Artist
- Swami Sarvapriyananda – Monk in Charge, Head of the Vedanta Society, New York
- Aruna M. Bahuguna – Indian Police Service – Director General of Police [Retired]
- Kamal Nayak – Founder & Director of Good Universe NGO
- Meghnad – Associate Editor at Newslaundry
- Pooja Dagli – Co-founder of Robin Hood Academy
- Anahita Sarabhai – Performer, Activist, Poet, Founder Director of QueerAbad
- Tejas Sidnal – Founder of Carbon Craft Design
>> For more details, readers can check the website here: https://tedx.iith.ac.in/